Dear list,

for a project dealing with a digital edition of a french
fifteenth-century treatise on obsequies, we need (as starters in this
issue) some help regarding three questions:

1. As far as we know, the element <foliation> works with prose. Is there
any preferred option to articulate in a machine processing way (e.g.
with attributes) the foliation/pagination and the full number of
folio/pages of a volume?

2. We would like to set links to digitised manuscripts and catalogue
descriptions in the <msDesc>, as part of the header. The combination
<locus facs=“http....“/> seems to relate only to a specific page of a
digitised manuscript. How do we express a linking to a full digitised
manuscript or an online catalogue description in a most convenient and
common way?

3. As part of the header and introduction of the edition, we would like
to list the elements used with a short explanation as part of the
<encodingDesc>, in order to keep the work transparent for users. There
is no suggestion in the TEI Guidelines. Is it completely uncommon or is
there already an established way doing this? We tried a structure

We would be pleased and thankful if you had an advice for one or even
all questions!

For more information about our project, see

- Project (German):
http://www.uni-muenster.de/Geschichte/histsem/JPGHuSMA/forschen/Obsequientraktat.html

- Blog Post with English summary: https://heraldica.hypotheses.org/2511

Best regards,

David Gniffke

(and supervisor Prof. Thorsten Hiltmann)

--
David Gniffke, M.A.
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster

---