Thank you for your suggestions, Lou & Frederik.
Even if TEI coordinates and CSS positioning are incompatible, that
doesn't necessarily mean their combination should be discouraged. It
just needs to be made clear that they refer to different positioning
systems, so that if processed, they are processed independently.
Either way, the Guidelines need to address this. But isn't there a major
overhaul of these Guidelines sections underway anyway?

--
Martin de la Iglesia
Metadata and Data Conversion

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Göttingen State and University Library
D-37073 Göttingen

Papendiek 14 (Historical Building, Room 1.602)
+49 551 39-14070 (Tel.)
+49 551 39-3468 (Fax)

http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/