Hi Kev,

Oh my, then someone's in trouble, because there was no "Annual Meeting"
in Lyon... ;-) There was a "Business Meeting". Previously, there were
"Members' Meetings" and I think/thought I recalled someone remarking at
one of the previous conferences that "Members" in the name of that
annual meeting may feel too exclusive. Maybe my memory stretched too
far, to the times when members could only be institutional. I just can't
tell now.

Anyway, at the beginning of the Business Meeting in Lyon the attendance
was low(ish) and I was wondering if it could have been caused by calling
it "Business". Gradually, more people arrived so the issue has gone into
the background, but lingered at the back of my mind enough to get
recalled a few days ago. Not a biggie, I hope. And no need to invoke the
Bylaws here either, let's agree: we're talking about an informal way to
reference the prescribed "Annual Meetings", in such a way as to signal
to anyone reading the conference programme that they will be welcome to
attend, i.e., that these meetings are not restricted to any anointed
ones. If the Organisers of the upcoming conference like and decide to
use the term "Community meeting", and perhaps set a new custom that way,
I will silently rejoice. But I won't be crying if they don't, and I
suggest that no one else should ;-)

Cheers,

  Peter (I guess)