Dear all,

I just want to let you know that the TEI facsimile plugin for Oxygen has
a few new features. For those of you that are working with TEI digital
facsimiles and might be interested in the plugin, the improvements can
grouped in a few categories:

1. More flexibility in adding zones/rectangles (for example when using
large images)
- there is now Zoom support. There are buttons on the toolbar and you
can also press CTRL and use the mouse scroll wheel.
- a rectangle/zone can be resized. It means that you can grab an
existing rectangle by one of its corners and resize it.
- you can duplicate an existing rectangle (there is a Duplicate action
in the contextual menu presented over a rectangle, in the view)

2. A seamless integration between the document and the view
- for every new rectangle drawn in the view, a new <zone> element will
be automatically inserted in the document.
- for every rectangle resized in the view, the corresponding <zone>
element will be automatically updated in the document.
- every change in the document will determine the view to automatically
reload all the zones

3. Linking a zone with existing transcribed text elements
There is a *Copy/Generate ID* action in the contextual menu presented
for an area (in the image view). What this action does is:
1. if the zone doesn't have an ID it will generate one. The pattern is
read from the configuration file *etc/id_pattern.txt* and it accepts
Oxygen editor variables.
2. copy /#id/ to clipboard
The idea is that after invoking this action you will go on an element
and just paste the value inside an @facs.

A quick way to install the plugin is to unzip the archive from the URL
below inside {oXygenInstallDir}/plugins

https://github.com/oxygenxml/TEI-Facsimile-Plugin/blob/master/builds/image-markup-plugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-plugin.zip?raw=true

Make sure to remove any previous version of the plugin and not to create
any additional directories when unzipping. The file system should look
like this:
{oxygenInstallDir}
--plugins
----image-markup-plugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT