Several people on the list have seen this before:
http://hcayless.github.io/appcrit/Propertius-1-15.html. It's a demo of
something I'm working on for the Digital Latin Library project. It uses TEI
transformed into HTML Custom Elements plus CSS and some Javascript to
create an interactive apparatus, where you can apply different witness
readings and conjectures to the text to see how they change it. It has a
traditional apparatus at the bottom, but if you hover over the buttons in
the margin, you get an interactive display, and if you click them, you get
controls that let you apply the different alternate readings.

Hugh

/**
** Hugh A. Cayless, Ph.D
** Chair, TEI Technical Council
** Duke Collaboratory for Classics Computing (DC3)
** http://blogs.library.duke.edu/dcthree/
**/