Dear all,

I just want to let you know that the TEI facsimile plugin for Oxygen has a few new features. For those of you that are working with TEI digital facsimiles and might be interested in the plugin, the improvements can grouped in a few categories:

1. More flexibility in adding zones/rectangles (for example when using large images)
- there is now Zoom support. There are buttons on the toolbar and you can also press CTRL and use the mouse scroll wheel.
- a rectangle/zone can be resized. It means that you can grab an existing rectangle by one of its corners and resize it.
- you can duplicate an existing rectangle (there is a Duplicate action in the contextual menu presented over a rectangle, in the view)

2. A seamless integration between the document and the view
- for every new rectangle drawn in the view, a new <zone> element will be automatically inserted in the document.
- for every rectangle resized in the view, the corresponding <zone> element will be automatically updated in the document.
- every change in the document will determine the view to automatically reload all the zones

3. Linking a zone with existing transcribed text elements
There is a Copy/Generate ID action in the contextual menu presented for an area (in the image view). What this action does is:
1. if the zone doesn't have an ID it will generate one. The pattern is read from the configuration file etc/id_pattern.txt and it accepts Oxygen editor variables.
2. copy #id to clipboard
The idea is that after invoking this action you will go on an element and just paste the value inside an @facs.

A quick way to install the plugin is to unzip the archive from the URL below inside {oXygenInstallDir}/plugins

https://github.com/oxygenxml/TEI-Facsimile-Plugin/blob/master/builds/image-markup-plugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-plugin.zip?raw=true

Make sure to remove any previous version of the plugin and not to create any additional directories when unzipping. The file system should look like this:
{oxygenInstallDir}
--plugins
----image-markup-plugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
------plugin.xml