From: David Gniffke
Date:2015/11/24 22:04 (GMT+00:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: foliation - manuscript linking - list of elements

Dear list,

for a project dealing with a digital edition of a french fifteenth-century treatise on obsequies, we need (as starters in this issue) some help regarding three questions:

1. As far as we know, the element <foliation> works with prose. Is there any preferred option to articulate in a machine processing way (e.g. with attributes) the foliation/pagination and the full number of folio/pages of a volume?

2. We would like to set links to digitised manuscripts and catalogue descriptions in the <msDesc>, as part of the header. The combination <locus facs=“http....“/> seems to relate only to a specific page of a digitised manuscript. How do we express a linking to a full digitised manuscript or an online catalogue description in a most convenient and common way?

We would be pleased and thankful if you had an advice for one or even all questions!

For more information about our project, see

- Project (German): http://www.uni-muenster.de/Geschichte/histsem/JPGHuSMA/forschen/Obsequientraktat.html

- Blog Post with English summary: https://heraldica.hypotheses.org/2511

Best regards,

David Gniffke

(and supervisor Prof. Thorsten Hiltmann)
--
David Gniffke, M.A.
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster

Avast logo