</encodingDesc>

From:  "TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list"
<[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lou Burnard
Date:  Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 9:28 AM
To:  "TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list"
Subject:  Re: foliation - manuscript linking - list of elements

1. There is ongoing discussion in the technical council and the ms sig
about structuring the content of the foliation element better, but for the
moment nothing precise has been agreed. See discussion under the subject
on the ms sig list last week.

2. The surrogates element could be used to indicate any other digital or
non digital edition of the ms being described. Alternative metadata
records might be included or refrenced recordHist if they are part of the
source for your ms Desc

3. The tagsDecl element is provided for this purpose. But if you prefer to
use encodingDesc you might find it easier to use the girls element to tag
element names rather than a c data section.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab®|PRO