Marjorie: How would you signal the addition or omission of a punctuation mark when there is more than one of its kind on the line, as in, multiple commas, only one of which is omitted? I guess it would make a difference whether we have only one footnote per line of poetry, or if that number 1 is a footnote number rather than a line number.

Elisa

Sent from my iPad