I'd been toying with the idea of doing something like:

<witness xml:id="λ" n="λ">Florence, Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana Aed.
203, XV.

  <listWit>
    <head>Hands</head>
    <witness xml:id="λ1" n="λ¹">first hand</witness>
    <witness xml:id="λ2" n="λ²">second hand</witness>
  </listWit>

</witness>

That is, treating the different hands as sort of "sub-witnesses". Can you
give me (or point me at) an example of what the extended CollateX JSON
format looks like? It would be nice to have them be compatible.

Thanks,
Hugh