So I'm pretty new at this whole conlanging thing, and one roadblock that
keeps coming up is actually making words. I've got a phonological system
and some basic grammar down, but I'm just not sure where to go after that.
Should I pursue a mathematical approach with phoneme frequencies? Or is it
better to just mke things up haphazardly? I guess I should clarify that
when I'm speaking of "making words" I'm refering to both lexical mapping (I
think that's what it's called; I mean what meanings the language assigns to
what words) and the actual process of constructing the words, that is,
chosing their phonological (and orthographical, but that is a much simpler
aspect) forms. Should I do either in any specific order? Or is there even
"right" way to do things? Any and all suggestions would be helpful.

--
Sincerely,
         William S. Wright