Oh yeah, and I thought of another one - an up-and-comer who is clever
enough not to need physical reminders might be quickly muttering "left
from north is west, but no, she's facing south so..."

In other words, he's memorized his directions tables.  North times left
is west, north times right is east...

tylakhlp'f,
Amanda