On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Fed a list of words generated by Boris, it sorts them by weight.  Next
> step is to merge the sorted word list with a specified definition
> list, then to write help text and  documentation.

How do y'all think the definition list should be formatted?  A
tab-delimited file with an estimated-frequency weight and a definition
on each line is what I used for my earlier project, but for this one
I'm thinking maybe just a pre-sorted list of definitions in order of
most to least frequently used.  The user could produce that list in a
number of ways, either manually ordering it, or by assigning weights
to each definition, sorting by weight with another program (sort(1) or
Excel or whatever) and then stripping out the weights column before
feeding it to my sorted-wordlist-merge program.  (Another question:
what to call it?   Boris was named for John Fisher's cat, so I might
name this one after another cat.)

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/