I will send the home on with a max of 2-4 doses if it works in the ED.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 10:00 PM, Gill Winnik <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> While I routinely use Zofran for my nausea/vomiting patients, I do not
> discharge pediatric patients with a prescription for Zofran. I'm not sure
> what the rationale for that is perhaps the idea is that if there is a
> serious cause for the nausea/vomiting the patient should come back and it
> should not be masked by Zofran but the same can be said for Tylenol or
> Motrin.
> So my question to the group is does anyone routinely prescribe Zofran to
> discharged children who presented with nausea forward/vomiting?
> Did anyone have a bad experience doing this?
> Thank you
>
> Gill (Giora) Winnik
>
> > On Dec 17, 2015, at 6:59 PM, Aaron Wiener <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> >
> > We use zosyn for all appy's.
> > None perf and pre-operatively, ancef/mefoxitin.  If perforated or chance,
> > Zosyn.
> > Mike Falk.
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Todd Zimmerman <
> > [log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> >> For appe, what abx are you using.
> >> For those using Rocephin and Flagyl, what dose of Flagyl are you using
> in
> >> the er, 10 per kg or 30 per kg?
> >> And Rocpehin?
> >>
> >> This is a bit more generalized, as there are obviously many different
> >> practice styles that remain within safety...For your DKA, what volume of
> >> fluids and over how long are you giving the first amount.I give between
> 10
> >> and 20 ml per kg over 60 minutes.
> >> And finally, who thinks Michigan State will win CFB? Hoops?
> >> Thanks,Todd Z(Please don't quote up to date, I read it)
> >>

> >> Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
> >>
> >> For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the
> >> message: info PED-EM-L
> >> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
> >>                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html
> >
> > For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the
> > message: info PED-EM-L
> > The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
> >                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html
> >
> > For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the
> message: info PED-EM-L
> > The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
> >                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html

> This e-mail has been scanned by McAfee Managed Email Content Service.  To
> report
> any issues regarding e-mail SPAM ONLY, please call the Helpdesk at
> 718-283-MIS1________________________________________________

> message: info PED-EM-L
> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:

*"I would rather be the kind of person who makes molehills out of
mountains, then mountains out of molehills." *
*"I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road and not have
their motives questioned." Anon.*
*"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures
the disease." Voltaire*
*"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up
where I needed to be."  Douglas Adams*