While I routinely use Zofran for my nausea/vomiting patients, I do not discharge pediatric patients with a prescription for Zofran. I'm not sure what the rationale for that is perhaps the idea is that if there is a serious cause for the nausea/vomiting the patient should come back and it should not be masked by Zofran but the same can be said for Tylenol or Motrin.
So my question to the group is does anyone routinely prescribe Zofran to discharged children who presented with nausea forward/vomiting?
Did anyone have a bad experience doing this?
Thank you

Gill (Giora) Winnik

> On Dec 17, 2015, at 6:59 PM, Aaron Wiener <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> We use zosyn for all appy's.
> None perf and pre-operatively, ancef/mefoxitin.  If perforated or chance,
> Zosyn.
> Mike Falk.
>
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Todd Zimmerman <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> For appe, what abx are you using.
>> For those using Rocephin and Flagyl, what dose of Flagyl are you using in
>> the er, 10 per kg or 30 per kg?
>> And Rocpehin?
>>
>> This is a bit more generalized, as there are obviously many different
>> practice styles that remain within safety...For your DKA, what volume of
>> fluids and over how long are you giving the first amount.I give between 10
>> and 20 ml per kg over 60 minutes.
>> And finally, who thinks Michigan State will win CFB? Hoops?
>> Thanks,Todd Z(Please don't quote up to date, I read it)
>>

>> Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
>>
>> For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the
>> message: info PED-EM-L
>> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
>>                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html

> message: info PED-EM-L
> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:

> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:

This e-mail has been scanned by McAfee Managed Email Content Service.  To report
any issues regarding e-mail SPAM ONLY, please call the Helpdesk at