For what appears to be routine N/V/D, haven’t had any bad experiences in prescribing about 1 day’s worth, other than running into issues with prescription insurance coverage occasionally (part of the rationale for prescribing a limited amount also) .  Different plans seem to cover or not cover various formulations.  No real logic to it that I can see since we are usually prescribing the liquid form.
I figure if they are still vomiting and requiring zofran after 24 hours they ought to be re-checked anyway
P Eslami