In that case, just ride. The bike shop is clearly a mental block. If you
ride and find it's creaky, you'll automatically be motivated to take it to
a shop. If you find it's not creaky, well, you didn't need one. (-:

Btw, if you work on the College Hill side of campus, Legend Bicycle on
Brook is a good place to take your bike in. That way you may be able to
have them check it out while you're at work. Avoids the “have to _get_ this
_to_ the bike store” issue entirely.

Shriram