Melroch wrote:
> Do you have a classifier for deities or non-<the species of the speakers>
> animate/sentient beings? That would probably be appropriate in a primitive
> culture. In Sohlob 'earth', sky, heavenly bodies, weather, water, fire,
> plants, books and musical instruments as well as music itself are
> grammatically animate.

Animate living beings in general use the classifier "nên". It's quite
possible that I don't know all the classifiers in the language though. :-)

It's likely that the shape of the world was known in ancient times
before anything recognizable as the Jarda language developed. But still,
the roundness of the world is a learned fact, not something that's
immediately apparent like the roundness of eyes or an egg, and not all
round things use "san" as a classifier. Hailstones use the classifier
"ķin" which is used for forces of nature like the wind, as well as
non-living objects that move (like vehicles). Maybe "ķin" might have
started out as a classifier for "spiritual" beings ...