Bee is re-posting his case system proposal at Rain's request.

From: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: [CONLANG] Common Honey: A collaborative language
To: Constructed Languages List <[log in to unmask]>

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Shanoxilt Cizypij
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>Jim Henry
>>Bee suggests that we consider having different instrumental applicatives/cases for different types of tool.

> How would we systematize it to make it memorable?

Some possibilities:

- one instrumental for physical tools, another for software, methods, techniques

- one instrumental for tools that fit in one hand, another for larger
tools like vehicles

- one instrumental for long narrow tools (knives, screwdrivers, etc.),
another for others

>>We should  also consider our noun morphology more generally.

Bee suggests this tentative case system:

Agent, force, patient and experiencer marked by word order (agent and
force after the verb, patient and experiencer before the verb)

Morphological cases:

- focus/source

- recipient/beneficiary

- instrmental I
- instrumental II (see above for possible distinctions)

- comitative

- possibly other cases that don't come to mind

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/