Very Iraqi, somewhat Ud in character. But then, I expect the musical traditions
of the Iraqis are more constant than people imagine.

Wesley Parish

Quoting Padraic Brown <[log in to unmask]>:

> Matthew George <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Or so it's claimed here
> >
> <http://www.openculture.com/2010/10/the_sounds_of_ancient_mesopotamia.html>.
> >
> > A skillful speaker can make almost any language beautiful, as an
> unskilled
> > one can mangle any language. I can't say how skillful Dr. Worthington
> is,
> > but presumably he's fluent, and that counts for a lot.
>
> And when you're done with the Akkadian, you can slide on over and hear
> some of Gilgamesh,
> Enkidu and the Netherworld, sung in Sumerian here:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUcTsFe1PVs
>
> With the same disclaimer!

"I have supposed that he who buys a Method means to learn it." - Ferdinand Sor,
Method for Guitar

"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on." -- Samuel Goldwyn