>  * River will try to write a converter for whatever system is chosen

Didn't see that line. Feel free to ignore my offer to do the same.

>  * Not locked to any real-world cycles (e.g. sun, moon, Earth's orbit)
>    - Fixing the length of a 'honey second' to a real second results in
> short days

It seems like using normal seconds would be a lot easier, and the fact that
our "days" are 11 hours shorter than everyone else's doesn't seem like much
of a problem to me.

Incidentally, if we use normal seconds rather than longer seconds, our
first new year will be Saturday, June 11 at 4:10:14 AM central time (going
off an initial time stamp of Sun, 29 Nov 2015 18:34:14 -0500)