TL;DR: Thunder, Bird and River have had Skype catchups the last two
weekends, mostly discussing cultural details like calendars, counting,
and flags. Below is a summary, reorganised for coherency. Items *in stars*
require
tribal feedback / voting.

FLAGS

Here is a compilation of all flag proposals thus far:
http://imgur.com/dIuHjd9.
*Please announce your preferences*. Mix-and-match votes also welcome
(e.g. "Layout of #7, with colour scheme of #3, and hexagon styling of #9").

ALPHABET

*How should we refer to individual letters?* One idea was to append a fixed
vowel,
similar to Esperanto. A more fun suggestion was to use names that describe
the
appearance of the glyphs, e.g. flower/clover, clam/peach/eye/seed, wave,
snail.

*How should the alphabet be ordered?* One proposal was root vowels,
followed by
plosives, nasals, approximants, particle vowels, and final consonants.

COUNTING

There's currently no way to count in Sajem Tan.

River floated the idea of a base-6 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senary)
counting
system, in line with the tribe's fondness for hexagons. There were some
concerns that a non-decimal system might be confusing, but that it could be
worth
a try. Online base converters may be helpful. *What say the rest of the
tribe?*

Number words will need to be invented. Stone will need to craft appropriate
numerals.

CALENDAR

Many details of the calendar are still in flux, but the core features are:
 * Inspired by the Mayan long count calendar
 * Not locked to any real-world cycles (e.g. sun, moon, Earth's orbit)
 * Year consists of 360 days (like degrees in a circle)
 * Two overlaid month systems:
   - Nine long months of 40 days, named after the mythic roles
   - Twelve short months of 30 days, each day named after a letter of the
alphabet
   - Pretty graphic from Thunder for long months: http://imgur.com/a/PLEFB

Less-concrete features:
 * 6 day weeks
 * Days correspond to the mythic Ants
 * 6 seasons (each is two short months long)
 * 36 seconds in a minute; 36 minutes in an hour; 36 hours in a day
 * 6^6 = 46656 seconds in a day

Details yet to be worked out:
 * Day length:
   - Fixing the length of a 'honey day' to a real day results in long
seconds
     (1 'honey second' = ~1.85s)
   - Fixing the length of a 'honey second' to a real second results in
short days
     (12.96 hours)
   - Define our own base unit, and work from there?
   - Bird suggested average length of a thunderclap as possible base unit.
 * River will try to write a converter for whatever system is chosen
 * The points where the long and short months sync up could be special event
   days (this would divide a year into trimesters)
 * Start date: suggestions included the timestamp of the first Common Honey
   email, the undefined point in the future where the language is declared
'finished',
   and 01/01/2016.

MISCELLANEOUS
 * Xaxat = "to laugh"
 * "spoiled honey" = "swearing"
 * Stone's story is super impressive
 * River to put together a Memrise course to help the rest of us learn the
vocab.
 * An illuminated manuscript of the finished creation myth would be awesome.