> Anyway, besides that, I'm trying to figure out: if I say the vowel sound
in "food" and then say the vowel sound in "good", what has changed? I keep
trying, but somehow I can't feel what the difference is. I ask because the
"ú" in Krispúket is pronounced like the "u" in push, and I thought maybe
knowing the nature of the change would help me make the other vowels less
arbitrary... I suppose I could change the "ú" sound too if I needed...

I pronounce "food" as /fud/ and "good" as /gɵd/ which is (according to the
interactive IPA chart I used to determine this) moving it forward and down
(from close back to close-mid central).

> Pardon my rambling... I just need to a workable alphabet, so I can make
words, so I can make use of my vague ideas... (What do you mean, I should
make less use of "..."??)

Your overuse of elipses (if it is an overuse) is nothing to my overuse of
parentheses (up to 5 nested layers!). :)

> My biggest conundrum is still the fact that m and n don't fit into my
tidy paradigm, since if I try to say them without voicing, they sound
like... me breathing through my nose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiceless_bilabial_nasal
According to Wikipedia, voiceless m is found in about a dozen languages.

--
Daniel Swanson, Certified Geek