We are in the process of reviewing our hospital's pediatric code policy.  Our hospital has a pediatric ED, general peds floor, inpatient pediatric psychiatry and NICU; no PICU on-site.  Would anyone with a comparable situation be willing to share their facility's policy?  Particular points of emphasis would be:

-Who responds to a code? (Especially, does an ED physician respond?)
-What age cutoff is used to differentiate between pediatric and adult codes?
-Where are patients cared for after resuscitation (prior to transfer, if necessary).

Thank you,

R. Jason Adams, MD
Fairview and Hillcrest Hospitals
Cleveland Clinic Foundation