On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:51 PM, [log in to unmask]
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The more pressing concern just at present, is that the letters "c" (as in cheese) and "j" (as in job) annoy me, and I never want to use them in any words, and if I don't use them, they don't have much point in being there.  But I don't want to

It's okay if they're used rarely.  Most or all languages have some
sounds that are much rarer than others.

> Also, what does one call an affix that goes between a root and a suffix? It seems weird to call it a suffix, if it doesn't go at the end of a word

Suffixes are defined by coming somewhere after the stem, not by coming
at the very end of a word.  Otherwise you couldn't have more than one
suffix in the same word.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/