[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> >which then was generalized into a sense of genuineness, then finally
into a
> >definite marker.
>
> I was with you till here.  How does a morphological operation meaning "a
genuine N" come to be read as "that N, you know the one I mean"?  Is there
a sentence that allows both readings? another intermediate meaning? ...

A: "I'm an admirer of Obama's beauty."
B: "Huh? Michelle Obama?"
A: "No, Obama Obama."

That is, the echtest, most Obamaey Obama is the Obama we are most familiar
with; the most prototypical is the most familiar.

--And.