I sent this to Scott by mistake, but here it is for the list.

On Mon, 9 May 2016 10:48:19 -0600
Scott Villanueva-Hlad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I rarely post these days as I have little time for conlangery though
> I still follow this list regularly. I have often thought about the
> interjections we use in a day. Some are vulgar and some are not. You
> cannot make a literal translation of such things as “dang it”.
> Thinking about how to do that in a conlang requires one to step back
> and study this a bit to give a good rendering. I’ve been thinking
> about different categories that such interjections may fit into. We
> have those that express dismay, regret etc. I’d like to develop a bit
> of a list of those categories before I venture into the area.

Searching on-line doesn't reveal much. There are general linguistic
studies of the nature of interjections, but that's not quite the same:
http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/pubman/item/escidoc:855720:1/component/escidoc:855719/Ameka_1992_Interjections_J_Pragm_1992.pdf

These are a start, though:
http://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=33695
http://www.upm.ro/jrls/JRLS-06/Rls%2006%20C9.pdf