>I think that if you want a language that is in a perpetual state of "under construction", for the fun of constructing, there is nothing wrong with that. But if you want it to be >a language that people who are not constructing it to learn and use, then stability is very important, and the "state of flux" should be kept to a minimum, because it takes >time to learn a language, and it is frustrating to try to do that while the language is significantly changing.

What if we keep detailed records and updated resources, so that we can show the progression without losing the liveliness?
We also encourage people to join the tribe so that they can have an official influence on the language and so they can watch it mutate in real time.

Bird would one day like to see spin-offs of Sajem Tan, similar to Esperantidos or a Sajem Tan language family.

>If I ever go back to Lojban, it will be CLL-style with reluctant modifications for xorlo and dotside.

Hey! That's my stance on the matter too! Feel free to send me an e-mail in or about Lojban any time.

.i mi'e .cizypij. .i ko mi zo'e la .lojban. tavla

>On the other hand, I do remain active with Toki Pona, but I speak it the way I learned from jan Pije's lessons, with "kepeken e" and that sort of thing. I'm very resistant to >change, even coming from jan Sonja. I think I'm the plague (or one of them, anyway) of jan Kipo's life, but I really don't care. People understand me, and that's all I care >about.

If Bird bothers to learn Toki Pona, it will probably be however it is described in jan Sonja's grammar book. Bird tends to give priority to the creator in such languages.

>However, I don't mind minor changes that don't impact current usage, such as coining of new words, that are congruous with the old ones. Someone mentioned the >"netuşebla Fundamento", and I think that is an excellent example of something which provides both the stability and the flexibility that a language needs to grow.

Bird agrees. Thank you for giving the tribe much to discuss.