Oh yes.  The sanity checker is entirely broken. It crawls each element testing if one can get to it. Currently it is broken because it only is looking at relax ng content models and now TEI content models are expressed in Pure ODD in the guidelines and either that or relax ng in people's customisations.

Anyone with some PHP expertise wish to fix this for us?  If so get in touch. (The Roma repo is on github.)

James

--
Dr James Cummings, Academic IT Services, University of Oxford

On 24 Jun 2016 7:23 p.m., Roberto Rosselli Del Turco <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Il 24/06/2016 20:11, Martin Holmes ha scritto:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> If I understand you correctly, you're saying that this is broken:
>
> <http://www.tei-c.org/Roma/>
>
> I didn't know that -- I just generated a schema and an ODD file with it,
> and it worked OK for me. Can you tell me what's broken?

Sorry, I thought that the issue was known, so I've been very light on
details. The problem lies with the sanity checker: it fails on any
schema I try put together; as far as I can tell, it even fails on
"vanilla", template-based schemas.

Since I always recommend using the sanity checker before generating the
desired schema to my students, I've received quite a few reports about
Roma during the last weeks.

Hope this helps! Thank you in advance for looking into this.

Best,

Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      roberto.rossellidelturco at unito.it
Dipartimento di Studi           rosselli at ling.unipi.it
Umanistici                      Then spoke the thunder  DA
Universita' di Torino           Datta: what have we given?  (TSE)

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)