Hi William, (sorry if this got sent out twice, having problems)

If you are working with a dictionary and the variant is a variant form of a lemma (or potentially anything else that goes in <form> really) you can use @type=“variant” which I think is better than using <oVar> or <oRef> because it keeps the two variant (orthographic) representations of the same lexical item in the same element e.g. <orth>

So this is what I would do for that:

         <entry>
            <form type="lemma">
               <orth>bla</orth>
               <form type="variant">
                  <orth>blah</orth>
               </form>
            </form>
         </entry>

Hope this helps, if it doesn’t I’d be interested in seeing an example of what you are trying to do specifically as well..

Best,
Jack