Ah, but this is misrepresenting Torsten's question.  He asked if
profileDesc relates to the *text* of the source document, not to the
physical source document itself.  Lou and I argued over this in October
2011.  While we agreed that profileDesc is not about the physical source
document, in the end we admitted that profileDesc is ambiguous on the
matter that Torsten raises.  --Kevin