Hi Gioele,

Neither an ODD nor a Schematron approach: You can use a second RNG
schema. Here is a sample schema (that also serves as a blog post about
this approach):
https://subversion.le-tex.de/common/schema/tei-cssa/docbook-like-divs.rng

I tried to prescribe div/@type attributes in such a way that the types
correspond to DocBook element names, and the grammar is (roughly) the
same as in DocBook. So you have parts or chapters in the body, prefaces
and dedications in the frontmatter, etc.

The nice thing is that you superimpose a bespoke grammar on an
off-the-shelf TEI schema. An actual grammar refining an unaltered base
schema, if that doesn’t sound compelling. You can’t do this with
Schematron so handily.

A sample document is here:
https://gist.github.com/gimsieke/44748c504783590ef906c7dc0c2e268b
If you open it in oXygen and add a type attribute to body/div, you will
be presented with a choice of part and chapter.
This is the good news.
The bad news is that there will be no other completion hints than those
from the epischema – unless you swap the xml-model PIs at the top, but
then you’ll only have the default TEI vocabulary as suggestions.
Maybe we can convince the oXygen people to restrict the autocomplete
options to the intersection of the choices that all referenced schemas
offer at a given location.

Gerrit

--
Gerrit Imsieke
Geschäftsführer / Managing Director

Geschäftsführer: Gerrit Imsieke, Svea Jelonek,
Thomas Schmidt, Dr. Reinhard Vöckler