I never answered this question.My docs average probably about 3.5 weekend DAYS TOTAL (Not weekends) per month,  some times 2 or 3, some times 4, rarely 5. Mostly about 3 total weekend days which seems to be lower or on the lower end of responses. Varies month by month the actual days or grouping depending on everyone's requests, vacations, family events etc...We don't count Friday pm as weekend, and that is consistent with most responses I got.Todd Z

-------- Original message --------From: Doc Holiday <[log in to unmask]> Date: 7/13/16  9:45 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: reply to Todd Zimmerman question
Just to confirm: Are you saying that your docs work every 2nd weekend on average?

Is that like a shift on Saturday and a shift on Sunday on a working weekend and nothing on the next (on average)?

What happens with Friday evening/night? Do you count those as "weekend"?

How many years of this is one expected to do (and do you have a strategy for how to make sure your own kids don't forget who you are)? Is there an age or some other criterion in your ED beyond which this pattern changes, or does one do this from the very first week to the very last one of one's employment?

Sorry for the number of questions, but this (unless I misunderstand) is more weekend work than I expected even from the USA... And at least I didn't ask any difficult physics/chemistry questions...