From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of A Pohlgeers <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 13 July 2016 11:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: reply to Todd Zimmerman question

Questions for the group:
1. How many days off do your docs request per month on average? Do you have a limit?
2. What is your success rate of getting the docs 100 % of there requests off?
3. What is your success rate of getting the docs 95 % of there requests off?
4. How many weekend days do your docs average per month?
5. If you melt dry ice and try to go swimming, will you get wet?

My answers:
1. about 5 (but most are just to designate what weekend shifts they want off)
2. 98%
3. 100%
4. Each doctor covers 1/2 of the weekend shifts (all of us); and we keep track of 'extra' weekends (extra Sat or Sun) and even things out over time.
5. NO. Dry ice melting becomes gas; however, in Florida if you put the dry ice in a cup on your pool deck and then jump into your pool, yes you get wet.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html