Mustard packs. High in magnesium for quick relief. Tart cherry juice and beet juice for muscle recovery. Promotes nitric oxide release. The problem is kids hate all of it. Don't know of peer reviewed articles though. Who needs them if it works and has little side effects other than taste.

Taj Madiwale, MD
Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Miami, FL

                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html