      From: "Brown, Julie C." <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:10 PM
 Subject: Leg cramps from soccer in a heat wave

I'm at the soccer Nationals in Dallas where my son is among the 2,000 boys playing in a high 90s heatwave.  Despite attempts to hydrate well including with electrolyte drinks, and following games with cool-downs, more water, coconut water and bananas, many boys on my son's team are suffering leg cramps.

Any treatment suggestions to speed up recovery, prevent recurrence, and prevent further casualties?

Thank you!

Julie Brown

Sent from my phone, please forgive brevity and typos.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html