Dear Chuck,

Am 29.07.2016 um 04:16 schrieb Charles Muller:
> On 7/27/2016 11:09 PM, Martina Gödel wrote:
>
> I also maintain a large bibliography of several thousand entries using
> <biblStruct>. But considering that the data is merely text files and
> does not require any significant amount of memory, it does not concern
> me at all that <monogr> information might be repeated elsewhere in the
> document. After all, what is the most amount of articles that will be
> contained in a volume? 15? 20?

the reason why we are interested in avoiding redundancy is our workflow:
 Our editors are creating the files and will be modifying them. They
would have to double the <monogr> information for each of the articles
included in one book. Or, in case of a correction, they would have to do
the correction in up to 15/20 files.

> Since my bibliography is quite active as a source for other projects, I
> am regularly pulling individual <biblStruct> entries out and including
> them in smaller bibliographies--in which case I certainly would like to
> have the full <monogr> information intact, so I would not want to
> abbreviate it in any way.

That's why we are using XInclude; therefore our biblStruct-files are
always valid and complete.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Martina