Thanks all for the suggestions. I’ll give a shot at atom. I’ve used Emacs in the classrooms a few years ago and it was a nightmare: students were offset by the interface, by the fact it was not working with usual keystones shortcuts, etc. so while i appreciate its very powerful, it is not the most user friendly, particularly with humanities students.

I’m also considering to use TextGrid for which I have requested an account: does any of you know if they will be happy to provide students an account? I’ve written to them but answer so far
Elena

__
Elena Pierazzo
Professeure d’italien et humanités numériques
Université Grenoble-Alpes - LUHCIE
Bureau Bâtiment 'Stendhal’ F307
BP 25 38040 Grenoble Cedex 9
Tel. +33 4 76828032