Dear Michelle, dear community,

I just want to express my delight and my excitement for this achievement. I was sitting close to Michael Sperberg-McQueen when this was announced and we both visibly gasped for the joy and the emotion of the moment. Michael had an interesting thought which was not possible to enact in Krakow, but could be a good idea in Montreal: to ask all people in the audience that have ever been part of the TEI Council/Board, have ever submitted a request in source forge/github, that has ever taken part in the life of the SIGs to stand up: looking around me last week I could say that we would have *a lot* of people standing up indeed, which proved how the TEI is a community and it can only exist as a community. And I’m very proud of being part of such a community!

All the best
Elena

__
Elena Pierazzo
Professeure d’italien et humanités numériques
Université Grenoble-Alpes - LUHCIE
Bureau Bâtiment 'Stendhal’ F307
BP 25 38040 Grenoble Cedex 9
Tel. +33 4 76828032