Dear Martina,

Perhaps the system we are experimenting with is of interest to you. Like you, we are using biblStruct for book sections, with analytic and monogr elements inside. Each biblStruct has its own record with its own URI. When we want a separate record for the book, we can link the book section to it by putting the URI of the book record as an idno type=“URI" in the biblStruct/monogr of the article.

The advantage of this is that we can maintain the book record separately. The monogr element in the book section can contain the biblScope, plus as much or as little other information as we want for readability (title and imprint with date elements are required, but can be empty). If needed, we can update the monogr information in the book section record from the book record using an xQuery script or we can just pull it in when we visualize it on our eXist-db server.

Hope this helps,
Nathan

Nathan P. Gibson, Ph.D.
https://vanderbilt.academia.edu/NathanGibson <https://vanderbilt.academia.edu/NathanGibson>

Postdoctoral Scholar in Syriac Studies and Digital Humanities
Vanderbilt University & Syriaca.org <http://syriaca.org/>

Gastwissenschaftler
Institut für den Nahen und Mittleren Osten
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München