Dear list,

I am working on manuscripts of a text that, between chapters (div3 in my
text structure) has a formula like "Sections 12, Chapter 3" where the first
items serve as a trailer to the div3 preceding and the second serve a the
head to the next div3.

So the basic, repeating structure is

But there is a whole section where the scribe reverses the elements:
Chapter 3, Sections 12, although the sections are in reverse order.

Any suggestions about how to encode this? I suppose one could use <seg
type="head-inverted"> with a @corresp to point to the div3 that it serves,
or something like that. But I have to think that people working with MSS
have encountered stuff like this and have come up with solution.

All best,

HL

Hayim Lapin
Professor of History
Robert H. Smith Professor of Jewish Studies
University of Maryland
+1-301-405-4296
www.digitalmishnah.umd.edu | www.erabbinica.org