From: TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Susanne Haaf <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 2:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TEI Newspapers?

Dear all,

for our German corpus project Deutsches Textarchiv we have gathered
historical newspapers/newspaper issues from different (digitization)
sources and are integrating them successsively into our corpus. In this
context they are provided with TEI based encoding according to our TEI
format DTABf. This is still work in progress, so we'd be very interested
in an exchange of experiences and ideas about the TEI encoding of
newspapers.

There's also an article about these efforts [1] (English) and some
documentation (German) on the encoding of newspapers in the context of
the DTABf [2].

So, it would be great if there were a group meeting in Vienna to discuss
this topic.

Best,
Christian & Susanne.

[1] Susanne Haaf, Matthias Schulz: Historical Newspapers & Journals for
the DTA. In Proceedings of the LRT4HDA workshop, held at the 9th LREC,
Reykjavik (Iceland) 2014.
http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2014/workshops/LREC2014Workshop-LRT4HDA%20Proceedings.pdf#page=57
[2] http://www.deutschestextarchiv.de/doku/basisformat_zeitungen

--
Susanne Haaf, M.A./Christian Thomas, M.A.
Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften

Jägerstr. 22/23, 10117 Berlin
[log in to unmask], +49 (0)30 2037 0523
www.deutschestextarchiv.de, www.clarin-d.de