You can also instruct oxygen as to which elements you want to cause line breaks in the editor.

I could see a case for a wb element if you were making up some other hierarchy with respect to which word boundaries were misbehaving but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Sent from my Honor Mobile

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: wb ("word break") element, parallel to "line break"
From: Raffaele Viglianti
To: [log in to unmask]
CC:

Managing whitespace in XML is an annoying problem. You can use @xml:space="preserve" to fix these issues, even though the human readability of your XML may be somewhat affected.

This will stop, for example, XML editors from breaking the word apart when reformatting.

Hope this helps,
Raff

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Magdalena Turska <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Perhaps using <w> to wrap the whole of 'hello' would do the trick for you?

Your proposed <wb/> seems not to be similar to line break at all as it occurres not before a word at all but next to a space you wish to cancel ;-)

Brief, from my phone, apologies.

Magdalena