Hello,

My name is Brian and I have been silently reading and observing many of the
posts in this list.  I am astounded at the knowledge of linguistics
presented by all of you.  I am proud to be a part of this community, as
well as humbled.

About me: I am a polyglot (I believe many of you are as well). I speak,
read, and write Farsi, Korean, French, German, and English.  I am not sure
how to best represent my skills in each language except through the
Interagency Language Roundtable  (ILR) standards. You can view its purpose
and history here: http://www.govtilr.org/IRL%20History.htm. It is used in
the US as a standard for language teaching, learning, progress, and testing.

In any case, I wanted to share with you something that is near and dear to
me: calligraphy.  I have been working with calligraphy from many different
natlangs, primarily using fountain pens and parallel pens.  I still have
yet to master the brush.  I have always had a fascination with how the
written word looks.

I worked on a conlang called Lortho, but because my laptop had crashed, I
was unable to retrieve my work and I might have to start from scratch.  So,
in the meantime I have focused some of my calligraphy on Tengwar; namely,
Quenya.  I came up with a poem and translated it into Quenya, with the help
of Helge Fauskanger of Norway. I decided that I wanted to share this with
you since I think this is the most appropriate audience.  I have since
created a piece for a friend on Japanese rice paper.  That work is shown as
a draft here.

I hope you enjoy these photos. I have also included a couple others to show
my spectrum of work.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Here are the photos (each with a description):

Tengwar for English: https://www.instagram.com/p/BI
BKv8zgb64/?taken-by=bbbourq
Quenya: https://www.instagram.com/p/BD9IfSBosJY/?taken-by=bbbourq
Practice makes perfect: https://www.instagram.com/p/BB