My guess is "probably not".  The most recent movie "Star Trek: Beyond" hired Sara Maria Forsberg to do their linguistic work -- the same woman who did linguistics for Star Wars Episode 7 from last year.  Her work, from what I understand, was not a true conlang, but a "language mimic".  Gibberish made to sound consistent, but not created with the appropriate linguistic structure that conlangs are made from.

Since that seems to be the trend post-Avatar, I'm guessing "Discovery" will do something similar.  If not directly hiring Forsberg herself.

________________________________
From: Constructed Languages List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Christian Thalmann <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Star Trek Discovery conlanging?

Does anyone know whether anybody has been hired to conlang for
Star Trek Discovery?  (I guess Michael Okuda might be their first
choice?)

If not, should we contact the writers and/or producers about the
possibility?  I've tried reaching out on Twitter but been ignored
so far.  ;o)  It would be a pity if they aimed at present-day
standards for serialized storytelling and visuals but cheaped out
on languages...

Needless to say, conlanging for Trek would be the job of a
lifetime.

--
Christian Thalmann
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zürich)

Phone: +41 (0)44 633 71 79