Chris Peters wrote:

> [...]
> Gibberish made to sound consistent, but not created with the appropriate
> linguistic structure that conlangs are made from.
>

> Since that seems to be the trend post-Avatar, I'm guessing "Discovery"
> will do something similar.  If not directly hiring Forsberg herself.

After Avatar there has been, roughly and on average, one major motion
picture per year containing a proper conlang, but that includes the Hobbit
trilogy. That is roughly the same "trend" that could be seen earlier,
starting with the LotR trilogy.

Star Wars has never had any real conlangs in their movies, so using
fakelangs is not really an unexpected move. Star Trek has had a history of
both. Whether there is a new trend or not is, I think, a bit early to say
anything definite about.

  Fredrik