On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Stephen Rice <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Also, a question: I never saw any comments on my explanatory post on
> the Babel Text in Inlis, and some of the remarks elsewhere reflected
> ignorance of it. It's on Brown:
>
> https://listserv.brown.edu/?A2=ind1608A&L=AUXLANG&F=&S=&P=2452

You got mine, but I agree that it's disappointing that there hasn't
been more discussion of this. Seems to me we owe an obligation of a
least a *little* of all of our times to support someone who's actually
*doing* something rather than sitting around yakking about it. Even if
you don't like the language and believe it is doomed, think of it as
practice to keep your skills up for when something you like better
comes along. What are the issues you all see now in Inlis from a
purely technical point of view?

> So if you didn't see it, you might have a look. I hope my
> circumstances have re-stabilized enough to let me continue with the
> presentation. Up next: Importation Rules for vowels and diphthongs,
> then for consonants, then eventually Importation Strategies. I also
> intend to insert a section on other approaches to creoloid angloclones
> and why I rejected them.

I look forward to it!
  Regards,
    Scott