On 2016-10-06 04:49, Raanan Robertson wrote:
> My purpose: I am attempting a conlang in which speakers refer to themselves
> as groups rather than individuals. So, rather than "I am going to the
> mountaintop", a speaker says "we are going to the mountaintop." Although
> the speaker intends only him/herself, this conculture treats each
> individual as a collective, and this concept is reinforced by other customs
> and distinctions within the conculture (so it is not the case that the word
> for "we" is simply homophonous with "I" but that "I", in fact, does not
> exist). Only plural personal pronouns and verbal markers are used for
> people, and there is no second person at all. Inanimate objects are still
> referred to with singular pronouns.

AFMCL, the only way to be unambiguous wrt the plurality of first person
subjects is to use an explicit, standalone pronoun. All verbs have an
implicit 1st person pronoun that does not include information about number.

"saha" I/we dance
"sā saha" As for me, I dance
"suì saha" We (countable) dance

In French, you have things like "Moi, je suis.." which is slightly
different in meaning to "Je suis.." I can't remember what this is called
anymore though, too many years since French in high school.

t.