From: International Auxiliary Languages [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Olivier Simon
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: An eastern Asian universal language?

Sellamat !

Sambahsa does contain Pan-Sinitic vocabulary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambahsa#Sinitic_vocabulary

However, the phonetic différences are so high that those Sinitic can be unrecognizable to any speaker of those languages.

The problem is that what made the unity and intercomprehension of Classical Chinese (that was used by neighbours of China just like Latin was used in Europe) was the Chinese ideograms; they hadn't to case at all about the pronunciation.

In our European languages, Greek and Latin names are mostly pronounced following the local usage, but our alphabetic system has maintained visual recognizability, and that's the path that Sambahsa has followed.

Olivier