I'm thinking of rewriting the grammar in terms of nouns and verbs. To simplify a bit, a clause must contain a main root referring to a process (with possibly a determiner) or a pronoun. Multiple subordinate roots referring to sub-processes *may* be appended (with possibly some inflections). Since the main processes tend to be persistent, they're usually translated by nouns. The subordinate processes tend to be transient, so they're usually translated by verbs, adjectives, and adpositions, but also relational nouns such as "mother" or "foot". So should I replace "main root" by "noun" and "subordinate root" by "verb"?

--
Jeff